Sunshine Landscaping: Quality Landscaping Services in Worcester County Since 1982
Beautiful environments naturally…
Prepare your landscape for the challenges of summer – with meticulous Spring clean-ups and ornamental bed preparation, lawn maintenace and mowing, judicious pruning, proper nutrients, and insect and disease protection in Worcester county.
Landscaping Management: Grounds Maintenance and Lawn Care Services in the Worcester County towns of Paxton, Rutland, Holden, Northborough, Shrewsbury, Leicester, Auburn…
- Landscape Design and Construction Services in Worcester – landscape enhancements to improve curb appeal, allowing your yard to make the best first impression or create private spaces that you will enjoy while relaxing or entertaining in your backyard, from our trained and experienced crews.
- Licensed and fully insured crews.
6 Ways Sunshine Landscaping Is Superior to Average Landscapers…
Professional landscapers: Sunshine’s crew members are professionals with the appropriate technical and professional certifications
- A natural approach: Your landscape is an ecosystem. Sunshine Landscaping improves the health and appearance of your property, literally “from the ground up,” using penetrating soil treatments and organic conditioners that help foster a healthier soil ecology.
- Customized programs: Based on the unique needs of your lawn and property, Sunshine provides truly customized landscaping services – no cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all approach from Sunshine.
- Familiar faces: Sunshine recruits, trains, and retains crew members who are truly interested in their work. You will see the same crew members working on your yard, year after year.
- Value: Sunshine’s holistic approach to landscaping ultimately reduces your long-term maintenance costs.
- Well-established business: Sunshine has been in business here over 25 years, and plans to be working with Worcester County home and business owners for many more years.
Summer Lawn Treatment
Massachusetts Certified Horticultural Turf Pesticide License #10328
Summer Treatment is comprised of 2 parts:
- Summer Treatment (R3)
During the heat of summer plants require special attention. This granular treatment provides increased Potassium and controlled release nitrogen to help guard against summer drought and turf diseases without stressing the grass plant.Problems that are dealt with during the summer include Yellow Nutsedge, a warm season perennial weed. Nutsedges have a light green color, upright growth habit and grow faster than the surrounding grass species, resulting in a non-uniform stand of grass. Controlling Yellow Nutsedge is difficult because each plant produces small root tubers. If you try to pull the weeds the tubers will be left behind to produce new plants. Common grass and broadleaf herbicides will not control Yellow Nutsedge; several applications of specialized herbicides may be required for successful control.Post emergent crabgrass control may be necessary as rainy weather can break up the preventative barrier, allowing seeds to germinate as the weather warms. Outbreaks of spotted spurge are common at this time and we will spot treat for these problems.
- Late Summer Treatment (R4)
Treatment encourages continued rebound from summer stress. At this time of the season turfgrass plants are regenerating both leaf blades and root system expansion. Granular or liquid turf fertilizer will continue to bolster turfgrass recovery. Broadleaf weeds and surface insects will be controlled as required.