Sunshine's Turf Specialties - Classic Lawncare Program
Summer Lawn Treatment
Summer Treatment is comprised of 2 parts:
- Summer Treatment (R3)
During the heat of summer plants require special attention. This granular treatment provides increased Potassium and controlled release nitrogen to help guard against summer drought and turf diseases without stressing the grass plant.
Problems that are dealt with during the summer include Yellow Nutsedge, a warm season perennial weed. Nutsedges have a light green color, upright growth habit and grow faster than the surrounding grass species, resulting in a non-uniform stand of grass. Controlling Yellow Nutsedge is difficult because each plant produces small root tubers. If you try to pull the weeds the tubers will be left behind to produce new plants. Common grass and broadleaf herbicides will not control Yellow Nutsedge; several applications of specialized herbicides may be required for successful control.
Post emergent crabgrass control may be necessary as rainy weather can break up the preventative barrier, allowing seeds to germinate as the weather warms. Outbreaks of spotted spurge are common at this time and we will spot treat for these problems.
- Late Summer Treatment (R4)
Treatment encourages continued rebound from summer stress. At this time of the season turfgrass plants are regenerating both leaf blades and root system expansion. Granular or liquid turf fertilizer will continue to bolster turfgrass recovery. Broadleaf weeds and surface insects will be controlled as required.
- Sunshine's Landscaping services - add new elements to your yard, from trees, flowers and other plantings to walkways and special lighting
- Sunshine's Classic Lawncare Program - provides the appropriate service for each season of the year
- Spring Lawncare Treatments for Worcester, MA - keeping your lawn looking its best through Summer's heat
- Fall Lawncare Treatments for Worcester, MA - best lawn care practices to prepare for Winter
- Winter Preparation Services for Worcester, MA - covers trees, shrubs, and other plantings
- Snow Plowing and Ice Management Services in the Worcester, MA area - makes surviving Winter easier for you.
We will be glad to stop by your property to look at it and discuss your needs with you. To set up an appointment or just to ask for more information, contact us at the phone numbers and address below, click on the "Contact Us" link, or send an e-mail to [email protected].
4 Sargent Street
Cherry Valley, MA 01611